Thursday, November 12, 2009

Up to my ears in pie orders


Sorry for the short post today - any spare minute I have is spent tabulating pie orders for the 8th grade class trip to Washington DC.   Our middle school does a fundraiser with the Grand Traverse Pie Company and it really is a great one - the pies taste wonderful and each kid earns $5 per pie.    I am in charge this year. Want to buy some pie?  Send me an email before I have to submit the order on Monday morning...(only if you live where I can get it to you). On the Monday before Thanksgiving, I will deliver it.  They cost $14.50.  They come already baked or frozen, and you can then pop it in the oven and pretend you baked it yourself.  I am fussy about pie, and Grand Traverse pies are the only store bought ones I will eat.  They are very good!

Here's the flavors we are selling - all named after spots in Michigan's Grand Traverse area, where local fruit abound:
  •  Old Mission Cherry Pie 
  • Long Lake Berry Cherry 
  • Front Street Apple 
  • Suttons Bay Blueberry 
  • Lakeshore Berry 
  • Fire House Strawberry Rhubarb 
  • Good Harbor Raspberry 
  • Pecan 
  • Pumpkin 
  • Pumpkin Pecan

 Meanwhile, back to the reckoning....

No comments: