Saturday, September 12, 2015

World's Easiest Peach Pie


I adapted this recipe is originally from the cookbook of the Family Parish Circle and Friends of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Hubbardston, Michigan. I bought it in the early 1990s at a farm stand near my future in laws house in Carson City, Michigan. I first made this peach pie on that September day at my in laws while we were visiting. It is the best peach pie I have ever had. It's a great "first pie" for a kid or an adult that's never made one before, because it has a press in crust. No rolling required.

Peach Pie


Crust
1 1/2 c flour
2 t sugar
1 t salt
1/2 c vegetable oil
2 T milk

Combine ingredients to form a soft pastry dough. It will be really soft, not like a rolled out crust. Press evenly into the bottom and sides of a 9" pie pan with your fingers

Filling

1/2 c powdered sugar
1/3 c flour
4 cup sliced peeled fresh peaches
1/2 t. mace

Combine and spoon into unbaked crust.

Topping
3/4 c flour
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/3 c soft butter

Preheat oven to 375 F,  Combine for form a crumb mixture, spoon over peaches. Also, adding ground mace or pumpkin pie spice to the cinnamon is tasty, too.  I love adding mace to peach desserts - I learned this trick from an excellent soul food cook named Irene who was a member of the Society of Women Engineers with me in the late 80s.  Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the topping is lightly browned.

No comments: