Thursday, December 31, 2009

The New Year Meme

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?


I started going to Friday morning @ SELMA, which is one of those guerilla restaurant things....highlight of my week!

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I don't know what New Year's resolutions I made last year, but I make some every year.  This year will be no different.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No - I am at the age where the birthing is done, but the grand babies aren't here yet.  Birthing seems so far away from me now.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Not this year, thankfully.  But I expect 2010 to be different.   Many good people sick right now.

5. What countries did you visit?

I don't even think I went to Canada this year.   USA only!  Maybe next year I will travel more.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

World peace.  Yes, I know I am asking a lot.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

The month of January - many good colleagues I worked with are no longer. 

July 22 - my best friend's divorce date.   A good 5 years too late, but she gave it her all!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I still have a job, while many don't!

9. What was your biggest failure?

Still want to learn how to play musical instruments better.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I try not to focus on my illnesses or injuries. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Many glasses of wine with good friends.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Anyone that made it through the tough times this year without whining. 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

People that live their lives for their own self gratification first, other people's feeling come second. 

14. Where did most of your money go?

I try not to spend money on one thing - I am thrifty!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Music

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?

Not many good songs in 2009, so that's hard to come by!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?

happier, same and richer emotionally!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Made more music

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Not putting exercise higher on my list of things to do

20. How will you be spending New Year?

Best way ever - with family at home.  New Years Eve is for chumps!

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

I am continually falling in love with my man at the strangest times....wonder how I got so lucky!  Good pickin', I guess!
22. How many one-night stands?

I am still on the same one night stand from many years ago.  Neither one of us left in the morning.

23. What was your favorite TV program?

I don't watch TV

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Hate's a strong word, but I've come to be irritated by some new folks!

25. What was the best book you read?

In 2009?  I really liked many.  Hard to say...

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

It's a rediscovery - I think Cake rules!

27. What did you want and get?

To keep my job.

28. What did you want and not get?

I never give up, so I am not saying I didn't get anything I wanted yet!

29. What was your favorite film of this year?

No Country for Old Men

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I don't remember, but I turned 45. 
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More music making!

32. What political issue stirred you the most?

Feeding the hungry

33. Who did you miss?

I miss seeing Ann every day, although we still talk on the phone most every day,

34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"God Only Knows"

35. I wish you all a happy satisfying healthy loving 2010. Have a good celebration and a fun start of the new year. All best wishes to you all!!!!!

No comments: