Saturday, March 27, 2021

Knight's Steakhouse Style Firehouse Vinaigrette

 


It's official!  We have left Ann Arbor for good and have moved to our lakehouse in the Keweenaw.   Right before we left, our neighbors had us over for Buddy's Pizza and they brought out a bottle of Firehouse Vinaigrette they picked up at Knight's Market for the antipasto salad.   In all my years of living in A2, I had never tried this dressing.   We never really ate often at Knight's Steakhouse, but sometimes went there for happy hour (their stiff pours are legend!).   I really liked this dressing.    I'd describe it as a spicy French dressing.   After reviewing the ingredients, I attempted to make it.    I'm quite satisfied with my results!  I added some additional spicing options to give it even more zip.


Knight's Steakhouse Style Firehouse Vinaigrette

1/4 c cider vinegar

2 T ketchup

2 T olive oil

1 T sugar

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 T minced onion

1/2 t kosher salt

1/2 t fresh ground pepper 

optional (not found in Knight's ingredients but makes it even extra delicious!)

1/2 t paprika 

dash cayenne

Put all ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake until mixed thoroughly.   


3 comments:

Tracey said...

Hi. I've been reading your blog occasionally over the years and just returned to it tonight. I do hope you'll keep it up! I first read it as I was beginning to ponder pressure canning. This past year I took the leap and am now pressure canning regularly. Love the feeling it gives me, and the food's pretty grand, too.

I hope you keep sending out terrific information to the universe--I will look for you there!

Tracey

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this...How much pepper?

Cynthia said...

oops! I updated it 1/2 t. thanks