Wednesday, January 09, 2019

Fun facts about my blog and pickled eggs

My blog's peak monthly readership was around 7,200 


One of the fun things about blog keeping is analytics.  My engineer brain loves to look at the data, and Google makes a great tool (Google Analytics) to do it.    Just looking at this chart makes me wonder what was going on in August, 2012 to make my blog peak in readership.  I think it is most likely that corresponds with some kind of national trend in food blogging.   I don't spend a lot of time or any money on trying to boost my reach,  like maximizing SEO (search engine optimization) or paid ads, etc.  It's just a hobby to me, but this hobby has taught me a lot about how it all works.   I'm just happy to have people read it. 

My most popular post, if you define "popular" as the page people most often land on that isn't my front door (i.e. my latest post) is this recipe for pickled eggs.   Why is this one the most popular, with over 22,000 sessions?   I'm not exactly sure.    I will have to study that one in depth later.    But do check out that recipe; it is definitely a keeper. 

2 comments:

old mother runner said...

Well here is one hint : my Feedly apparently stopped adding your blog to my feed for several months! I actually thought you had stopped blogging! Great to see you here this morning but now we have to figure out where you were! ;-)

CandyG said...

Tech homecoming is always in August, and a lot of us loved the B&B's pickled eggs.. maybe a connection?