Friday, December 21, 2018

Christmas Nougat Candy



It's my goal to cook through many of my pinterest pins throughout this break.    I had pinned several version of this candy recipe and found all of them lacked something, so I decided to make my own based on what I have learned.    I was hesitant to try the "cheater" nougat recipes out there, especially since I just bought a brand new kitchen thermometer, but I have to say the white chocolate/marshmallow one is super easy and tastes great!  No thermometer required.   

I looked all over for red and green gum drops but I couldn't find any in the Christmas candy aisle, so I bought 3 movie theater size boxes of Dots and picked out all the red and green ones.   Bonus:  I get to eat the orange, yellow and pink ones myself.  I am a big fan of Dots and all the other weird candy people don't like, such as Good and Plenty or Mary Janes. 

Christmas Nougat Candy

1 T. butter
1 11 oz bag Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
1 c. gumdrops, cut in half

Line an 8X8 inch pan with parchment paper, and grease it lightly with butter.   Heat butter in a double boiler until melted.   Add chocolate and marshmallows and heat in double boiler until melted.   Remove from heat and let cool for a couple minutes.   Add gumdrops and stir until distributed.   Pour into prepared pan and smooth down top with a piece of buttered parchment paper.   Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

Cut nougat into 1/2 inch strips, and then 1/2 inch squares.   Wrap in cellophane candy wrappers.



Enjoy!!! 
Merry Christmas

No comments: