Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Lent friendly recipes that taste good


Protected by ADT, prayed for by BVM






I am thrilled that I won the photo caption contest on the blog called A Nun's Life. Even if you are not Catholic, I highly recommend you check out this blog - it's very interesting and thought provoking. In the Catholic spirit of things, I'd like to list some of my favorite meat free recipes for you to try that I have blogged about prior to this Lenten season. There's 2 more Fridays in Lent left to experiment with a few meat free recipes, although these are so good, you might want to try them year round.

  • Curried Lentils - so good with Major Grey's chutney, and for the meat eaters you could serve it with kielbasa
  • Seafood Packets - tastes like a New England Crab Boil, you make them in foil packets on the grill.
  • White Bean Soup with Tomatoes - make this recipe with vegetarian stock to make it Lent friendly.
Hope this helps! I am eating meat free meals for the entire 40 days of Lent, which I think ends on Good Friday but I am not exactly sure. Anyway, I am celebrating Easter with my family on Holy Saturday, so that's the day I will break my Lenten meat fast with ham and a smoked beef brisket. I can't wait!

No comments: