Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Chico Bags

At the beginning of 2008, I decided to quit using grocery bags. I was shocked to discover that the average American uses between 300 and 700 plastic bags per year and that
according to the American Forest and Paper Association, in 1999 the U.S. alone used 10 billion paper grocery bags, requiring 14 million trees to be cut down. I checked out all the reusable bags for sale in Ann Arbor, and I found them to be bulky.

I had asked many people for advice on what is the best kind of reusable grocery bag and someone suggested Chico Bags . I fell in love with them! I'm participating in this year's Dexter Relay for Life, which is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, and my team is selling Chico Bags for a fundraiser for our team. If you are interested, please let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like a couple! Those are cool!